Google is Supporting Operating System (gOS)
The operating system is based, like so many desktop Linux’s such as Mint, on Ubuntu. In gOS’ case, it’s built on top of the newly released Ubuntu 7.10 Linux. It includes the usual array of open-source software that users have learned to expect from a Linux desktop such as popular applications from Firefox, Skype and OpenOffice.org. The one difference that Linux users will notice immediately about it is that it uses the Enlightenment E17 desktop interface with a Google-centric theme instead of the far more common KDE or GNOME desktops.
In an interview with a Linux blog, gOS founder David Liu makes it clear that ease of use was at the top of his mind when he helped create gOS. “Basically it has to do with the Ubuntu community and vision. I like their mantra ‘Linux for human beings.’ I wanted to take it further, more like ‘Linux for human beings who shop at Wal-Mart’ (… ‘and who probably have never heard of Linux’).”
- System Center Service Manager :A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.
- Linux Integration Services Version 3.5 for Hyper-V
- SCCM and FEP support for Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- System Center Operations Manager: Windows Server 2012 R2 MPs *Updated*
- System Center Configuration Manager Company Portal App
- System Center 2012 R2 is RTM..So What is New ?!!!
- Microsoft® SQL Server® Backup to Microsoft Windows® Azure®Tool
- VMM Tricks: Upgrading from Currently installed of VMM to System Center VMM 2012 is Not Supported
- VMM 2012 SP1 Error 2912 when Moving VM
- SCSM 2012 R2 PowerShell Tasks Created with the Authoring Tool Do Not Work Properly
About Zeros & Ones
Hi, I’m Mohamed Fawzi and I am working as Senior Infrastructure System Engineer for LINK development company. This blog covers Virtualization technology and Cloud Computing. *All the usual disclaimers are applied :) The information in this weblog is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This weblog does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
- DPM 2010
- Exchange 2003
- Exchange 2007
- Exchange 2010
- Hyper-V R2
- Information Availability
- Opalis 2012
- SCVMM R2
- virtual PC
- Wave 14
- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows 2012 R2
- windows 8
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012