Edgesync Credentials Not Found For Edge Transport
I have an Edge Server deployed in a DMZ. I generated and imported the edge subscription w/o errors. But when i run test-EdgeSynchronization on the Hub transport server i get “No Edgesync credentials were found for edge transport server…” I also receive error 1032 MSExchange EdgeSync “no credentials for edge server” in the Hub transport servers app log.
After some investigation I found out what was the cause of this problem and fixed it. It was a certificate mismatch between the Hub Transport server and the Edge Server. Actually exchange 2007 see mismatch credential in case that Exchange self signed certificate is missing (corrupted or deleted by mistake).
Steps to check the certificate problem:
1. Verify that Hub is able to communicate with Edge on port 50636.
2. Run “Get-ExchangeCertificate” cmdlet on Hub and see if there are any certificates.
3. If there are no certificates found,then regenerated Exchange self signed certificate.
4. In the Exchange Management Shell, run the “New-ExchangeCertificate” cmdlet.
5. It throws a warning and creates a new Exchange Server Certificate.
6. Restart the Transport Service on the Hub.
7. Verify that the thumbprint of the new certificate now matches with the version stored in AD .
8. Remove the present Edge Subscription from the Hub and restart Transport Service.
9. Run “Remove-EdgeSubscription” on the Edge and restart Transport Service.
10. Create a new Edge Subscription on the Edge using “New EdgeSubscription” cmdlet and import the xml file to Hub.
11. Re-subscribe the Edge using the new Subscription file.
12. Initiate synchronization using “Start-EdgeSynchronization” CMDlet.
Now the EdgeSync shall work fine.