SCVMM 2012 VM Migration Error 2912
When you move VMs between different Windows 2008 R2 SP1 hosts you get this error
An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the Hostname server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
Unknown error (0x80072f0d)
Ensure the agent is installed and running. Ensure the WS-Management service is installed and running, then restart the agent.
1- VMM agent is not running
2- WMI or WinRM services are not running
3- VMM BITS port configuration need adjustment
Check VMM agent, WinRM, WMI Services and start if anyone stopped
1. On Hyper-V Server, check if we have installed feature Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) feature.
2. Open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings
3. Locate the BITSTcpPort name on the right. It’s data value should be 443
a. Double click BITSTcpPort in order to modify the data. Make sure the Base is set to ‘Decimal’
b. Change 443 to 765, or any other number less than 32768. Do not use a port that another protocol uses such as RDP (3389)
c. Click ‘OK’ to save this value
4. Restart the ‘Virtual Machine Manager’ and ‘Virtual Machine Manager Agent’ services on the SCVMM server. (On managed hosts simply restart the ‘Virtual Machine Manager Agent’ service’)
5. Once complete on the SCVMM server and all Hosts you can continue using SCVMM
NOTE: Changing the BITS port for SCVMM does not affect BITS ports used by other applications or Windows itself.