VMM 2012 SP1 Error 2912 when Moving VM
One of the most common error that I saw in many environment when you try to move VM from one Server to another you get this message
An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the Server.Domain.Local server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
Unknown error (0x80072f0d)
Ensure the agent is installed and running. Ensure the WS-Management service is installed and running, then restart the agent.
After checking SCVMM agent and services are running fine on hosts you have to check BITS related configuration, you can use these steps to adjust the BITS to remove this problem:
1. On Server.Domain.Local , check if we have installed feature Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) feature.
2. Open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings
3. Locate the BITSTcpPort name on the right. It’s data value should be 443
a. Double click BITSTcpPort in order to modify the data. Make sure the Base is set to ‘Decimal’
b. Change 443 to 765, or any other number less than 32768. Do not use a port that another protocol uses such as RDP (3389)
c. Click ‘OK’ to save this value
4. Restart the ‘Virtual Machine Manager’ and ‘Virtual Machine Manager Agent’ services on the SCVMM server. (On managed hosts simply restart the ‘Virtual Machine Manager Agent’ service’)
5. Once complete on the SCVMM server and all Hosts you can continue using SCVMM