In using Exchange 2007 Server, sure we have multiple DL and we may want to restrict who has access to the any of the distribution list.
By doing that you keep your mail flow in the safe side and prevent anyone from accidentally sending a private message to everyone on the server and you can prevent people from responding to an all-employees distribution creating annoying spam.
- Open your EMC
- Navigate to Recipients Configuration
- Navigate to Distrubution Groups
- Right Click the group you want to restrict access to and choose Proprieties
- Press Mail Flow Setting Tab
- Double Click Mail Delievery Restriction and edit your Scope